SRVD – Standing Rules
- Principal Office: The principal office of this organization shall be located at the residence of the current district director.
- Standing Rules: Standing rules may be adopted at any meeting without the necessity for previous notice being given. A standing rule may be amended or rescinded by a two-thirds (2/3) vote without notice. If notice of the proposed action was given at the previous meeting, or in the call for that meeting, it may be amended or rescinded by a majority vote.
- Fiscal Year: The organization’s fiscal year shall be from July 1 through June 30 in the following year.
- Club’s Standing: A club in good standing shall have paid
current dues in SRVD and CGCI.
- Reimbursement: All individuals and garden clubs who expect reimbursement for money spent must have received prior approval and turned in a SRVD request payment form and receipt to the treasurer.
- Majority Vote: Unless otherwise provided by the bylaws and standing rules, or rules relating to motions requiring two-thirds
vote in Robert’s Rules of Order, Newly Revised, 12th edition, any motion or resolution can be adopted by the affirmative vote of a majority of the voting body present at any meeting at which there is a quorum present.
- The incoming district director shall represent SRVD at the CGCI Convention. The voting body shall determine financial support to CGCI meetings, per the approved budget.
- Cell phones and electronic devices are to be silenced during
- Storage Keys: The district director will have possession of the keys to the storage unit(s) at the Shepard Garden and Arts Center; the keys may be assigned to another district officer.
“With congeniality … come for the knowledge … stay for the friendship”